Finally I buy paid hosting for my rasyid.net domain and I got free .info domain for 1 year.
Now I’m waiting for transfer domain process and I just think about using my domain rasyid.info for blogging too 😉
I’ll start this blog (rasyid.info) from scratch and host it in blogspot.
At the end of this process I get :
1. Blogspot blog with my own domain ( http://www.rasyid.info)
2. My own email email@example.com, will be host by google using google apps ( free version)
I consider it as ‘from zero to one’ process, so I’ll make it as series, might be usefull for anyone who want to start blogging with his/her own domain.
Uncle Ben or aunt May may use blog too as alternative writing media beside watching soap opera
Here’s the general process :
1. Setting dns at domain registrar and register for account in mydomain.com .
2. Register account at blogspot and configure blogpot to use my domain as url address.
3. Testing phase, stop writing start blogging
Ok, let start from part 1 ( Setting dns at domain registrar and register for account in mydomain.com).
1. My idea in the beginning are hosting blog at blogpot and hosting email at google apps.
To accomodate those things I need more flexible dns management.
I prefer to use mydomain.com .
Mydomain provide powerfull dns management for free not only for top level domain but also for other country domain like .id (Indonesia).
To use mydomain I must change dns entry to point to mydomain dns server :
Input this data to my domain control panel :
Click to manage
Click on Modify Name Server
Done, necessary step in domain control panel finished.
Next go to mydomain.com to get free account .
Click here to get free account at mydomain.com
Fill in all required field.
Congratulation, I got my account at mydomain.com
To get start, click "click here" link to manage domain not registered with mydomain.com
P.S : domain isn’t limited to .org, .net, .org, .info only but also valid for other domain like .mobi, .name etc.
2. It’s time to add my domain rasyid.info by click "Add Domain" button.
3. After add domain successfully, continue to add service for that domain by click "Add Services" link.
After click CONTINUE, tick at "Registration Agreement".
Click "Complete Order"
Finish, invoice and email invoice will be sent to my inbox
4. Go to dnsstuff.com to check status of my domain
great, search result of rasyid.info working well. mydomain.com now associated with rasyid.info.
Ok, it’s the end of part 1.
At next posting, I show how to connect rasyid.info to blogspot account.
Part 2 : Pointing blogspot to our domain
Part 3 : Set email hosting with google apps
P.S : I’ve found a few usefull link why using your own domain is important :
- Move to your Own Domain Now
- Why you Should Own your Domain Name
- Get your Own Domain and WordPress for your Blog