Finally I buy paid hosting for my rasyid.net domain and I got free .info domain for 1 year.
Now I’m waiting for transfer domain process and I just think about using my domain rasyid.info for blogging too 😉
I’ll start this blog (rasyid.info) from scratch and host it in blogspot.
At the end of this process I get :
1. Blogspot blog with my own domain ( http://www.rasyid.info)
2. My own email firstname.lastname@example.org, will be host by google using google apps ( free version)
I consider it as ‘from zero to one’ process, so I’ll make it as series, might be usefull for anyone who want to start blogging with his/her own domain.
Uncle Ben or aunt May may use blog too as alternative writing media beside watching soap opera
Here’s the general process :
1. Setting dns at domain registrar and register for account in mydomain.com .
2. Register account at blogspot and configure blogpot to use my domain as url address.
3. Testing phase, stop writing start blogging
Ok, let start from part 1 ( Setting dns at domain registrar and register for account in mydomain.com).
1. My idea in the beginning are hosting blog at blogpot and hosting email at google apps.
To accomodate those things I need more flexible dns management.
I prefer to use mydomain.com .
Mydomain provide powerfull dns management for free not only for top level domain but also for other country domain like .id (Indonesia).
To use mydomain I must change dns entry to point to mydomain dns server :
Input this data to my domain control panel :