Every linux distro, unix system or windows server came with smtp system.
But it’s not enough for small home office requirement that need to provide mailbox for their employee.
Another solution is signup for web hosting that include mail management such cpanel, whm etc.
If this solution wont fit too, maybe dedicated email server need to build
A lot of tutorials for building email server in internet that might help you to build email server in learning on demand mode such as :
1. Lifewithqmail, extensive guide to build mail server using qmail as MTA
3. Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Ubuntu 7.10), This document describes how to install a mail server based on Postfix that is based on virtual users and domains, i.e. users and domains that are in a MySQL database.
4. Full Mail Server Solution w/ Virtual Domains & Users (Debian Etch, Postfix, Mysql, Dovecot, DSpam, ClamAV, Postgrey, RBL), This guide describes how to set up a full email solution in Debian Linux (all code is from Debian Etch)
7. How to set up a home email server. Redhat guide.
8. Virtual Mailhosting System with Postfix Guide, using gentoo.
10. Build email server at home. Windows guide.
11. Build Your Skills: Set up an SMTP/POP3 mail server with Windows Server 2003. Learn how to set up a very basic POP3 e-mail server in Windows Server 2003 without all the extra features that come with Exchange.
I’ll update the list as I found new url, If you have one and wanna share with us please use comment section.
Last update : 17 December 2007