"I can’t upload my pdf file to ftp, whats wrong?", a student asked me that question this evening.
He make his report in MS Word and use adobe distiller to produce pdf file.
"Wait", I checked his ftp quota and see that still plenty of room there for him
Around 20MB of free space available.
One pdf file larger than 20MB (that thing crossing my mind till I try to use openoffice, using its export to pdf feature and produce 1,3 MB.
What the heck. I don’t know about setting that technician use in the class but thats big difference between 28MB ( pdf file produced by adobe distiller) versus 1.3 MB from openoffice.
After solve his temporary problem I do search with google to find out other freeware that might help to produce pdf file and here my result :
- PrimoPDF, FREE! Convert to PDF from any application by simply ‘printing’ to the PrimoPDF® printer – it couldn’t be easier! Within minutes, you can create high-quality PDFs by converting from Word, Excel, and virtually any other printable file type.
* Completely FREE PDF Converter – not just a trial version.
* Print to PDF from virtually any Windows® application.
* Create PDF output optmized for print, screen, ebook, or prepress.
* No annoying pop-up ads, no registration requirement – no catch!
* High-quality, easy to use PDF creator for all users.
* New! Ability to merge PDF files upon conversion.
* New! Now supports Windows Vista.
- CutePDF Writer, Create PDF documents on the fly — for Free!
Portable Document Format (PDF) is the de facto standard for the secure and reliable distribution and exchange of electronic documents and forms around the world. CutePDF Writer (formerly CutePDF Printer) is the free version of commercial PDF creation software. CutePDF Writer installs itself as a "printer subsystem". This enables virtually any Windows applications (must be able to print) to create professional quality PDF documents – with just a push of a button!
FREE for personal and commercial use! No watermarks! No Popup Web Ads
- doPDF, doPDF is a free PDF converter for both personal and commercial use. Using doPDF you can create searchable PDF files by selecting the "Print" command from virtually any application. With one click you can convert your Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint documents or your emails and favorite web sites to PDF files
- PdfCreator, PDFCreator is a free tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application.
* Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
* Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
* Send generated files via eMail
* Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
* AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
* Merge multiple files into one PDF
* Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
* And the best: PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
- PdfEdit995 offers a wealth of additional functionality, such as: combining documents into a single PDF; automatic link insertion; hierarchical bookmark insertion; PDF conversion to formatted HTML or DOC (text only); integration with Word toolbar with automatic table of contents and link generation; autoattach to email; stationery and stamping
- BullZip PDF Printer, The BullZip PDF Printer works as a Microsoft Windows printer and allows you to write PDF documents from virtually any Microsoft Windows application.
This program is FREEWARE which means that it is FREE for personal and commercial use. It does not contain any advertising or popups (Really!).
* Print to PDF from almost any Windows program.
* Supports 64-bit operatings systems.
* Direct output to the same file each time or prompt for destination.
* Control if the printer should ask if you want to see the resulting PDF document.
* Control output and prompts programmatically.
* Setup can run unattended.
* Graphical user interface.
* Password protect PDF documents.
* 128/40 bit encryption.
* Quality settings (screen, printer, ebook, prepress).
* Set document properties.
* Watermark text, size, rotation, and transparency.
* Supreimpose/background documents.
* Appending/prepending documents.
* User interface control.
* Command line interface to all settings.
* COM/ActiveX interface for programmatic control.
* Support for Citrix MetaFrame
* Support for Windows Terminal Server
Have other program that might be useful?, share with us!