Wow, many framework for PHP get mature and stable. One of them is Zend Framework, already reach 1.0.0 version
Unfortunately I still stick with PHP4 not ready yet for PHP5 since Zend Framework only for PHP5.
Maybe this framework will ‘force’ me to use PHP5 in production (not in cgi style hehehehe)
From Zend Framework site :
Many thanks to the scores of PHP developers who have worked for many months to make this product milestone possible. Zend Framework has followed a mission to provide classes that are extremely simple, yet powerful and extensible. Zend Framework is now the best class library available for PHP 5 web application development.
The Zend Framework project has developed solutions to solve frequent needs of web application developers, including the following areas:
- Powerful MVC framework
- Database access solution that balances ORM with efficiency and simplicity
- Lucene-compatible search engine
- Advanced I18N support
- Robust authentication/authorization classes and input filtering
- Many other useful classes to make you as productive as possible
- Thorough and high-quality test suites and documentation
- Open-source development process with an active community provides continuous review and testing
The Zend Framework is the best PHP 5 framework to meet modern business needs, being licensed under the New BSD license. The Contributor License Agreement assures that all code has been provided freely.
Zend Framework is already in use in dozens of applications, so it is proven to be production-ready."
Download Zend Framework 1.0.0
By the way, if you wanna try framework that support PHP4 and PHP5 you’ll consider using CodeIgniter